COLLEGE APPLICATION ESSAY TOPICS
College application essay is perhaps the most significant and crucial type of an essay you'll ever be assigned to write, because your future depends on the results of its accomplishment. The major purpose of college application essay is to reveal your unique and genuine personality, demonstrate your writing skills, ability to organize your thoughts coherently, to build a structure of your essay logically and to express everything you think in point of the fact.
The main thing you have to be consistent with while writing your college application essay is to be yourself, convincing someone how great, unique or smart you are. All this can be seen from the way and manner of your writing. Genuine talent can be seen without its promotion. Make your work concise. Write leaning upon your personal experience. In any case it'll sound more realistic, as nothing can sound more persuasive than real truth.
Remember that writing on one of the college application essay topics intends to convey YOUR feelings, ideas and interests. Make your essay profound and thoughtful. Try to look into the essence of the things, to touch the ground and develop deep philosophical view of the problem. Avoid superficial and perfunctory approach to the things. As it is always more interesting to read something which is genuinely deep than something abstruse, trite and banal.
College Application Essay Topics
Overwhelmingly significant thing in writing your college application essay is choosing one of the winning college application essay topics.
College application essay topics can become your fad, which will make you different from the rest of applicants. Do not rely on the random choice of the topic, as your success will depend on how well you have uncovered this topic and shown yourself to the reader.
Below you'll find original and current ideas for college application essay topics. Brainstorm these ideas and add up to them those points which you are most interested in. These college application essay topics will prompt you some fresh and unconventional thoughts regarding your topic which you'll apply to your essay.
- Describe a significant interest or experience that has special meaning for you.
- How have you grown and developed over the years?
- Life is short. Why do you want to spend 5 or 6 years at a particular university or college?
- What do you plan to do with your college degree?
- Why have you chosen this career or profession?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How is the degree necessary for the fulfillment of your goals?
- Does any specific attribute, quality or skill distinguish you from everyone else? How did you develop this attribute?
- What are the reasons for your interests? Analyze your childhood. How were your interests shaped from your upbringing?
- How would your friends characterize you? Look at yourself from the outside.
- Have you experienced a moment of epiphany, as if your eyes were opened to something you were previously blind to? Describe this moment and your percepts about it.
- What are your dreams of the future? Now looking back at everything you have done what you would to change?
- Where do you see yourself, career wise, 10 years from now?
- Of everything in the world what would you like to be doing right now? Where would you like to be the most? Who would you prefer to be with at this moment?
- What is a mission you are accomplishing on the earth?
- What is your approach to life? Reveal your life philosophy.
- What was the most difficult time in your life? How did you overcome these difficulties?
- How did your perspective on life change as a result of the difficulty?
- Describe your most rewarding experience.
- How have all your acquired experiences shaped your career goals?
- Have you ever met with "Triumph and Disaster"? How did you meet those two impostors? Can you tell that you have faced them in a worthy manner?
- Have you ever struggled for something and failed? How did you respond? Have you experienced a feeling of disappointment and dissatisfaction of yourself?
- Imagine yourself being an actor/actress. Tell about your feelings before the opening night of the performance where you play the title role.
- Evaluate a significant experience, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- An intellectual experience that has mattered to you.
- Philosophy of Learning.
- Talk about how a person can change his direction.
- What are your career aspirations?
- Have you ever struggled mightily and succeeded? Describe what you have felt at the glorious moment of victory? What does a winner feel?
- What is the major contribution you've made in any field of your life?
- Discuss your academic background and achievements.
- Choose a prominent person (living, deceased, or fictional) that you would like to interview and explain why.
- Identify a person who had a significant influence on you and explain the influence.
- Describe a successful student.
- What a college education means to me?
- What author, musician, actor influenced on shaping your ideology? Why especially this person is so significant to you. Did he/she help you to see another side of the world?
- Write a speech for delivery before some group or write an article or editorial for a publication.
- What is a major achievement in your life? Who and what assisted you in reaching your aim?
- Hiking to Understanding.
- Reveal your personality by naming all the positive and negative features you possess. Which of them you'd like to get rid of and which you'd like to promote and enhance.
- What is your strongest and most determined trait of character? Do you maintain strong beliefs and adhere to philosophy?
- Tell about the most unforgettable experience you've ever had.
- Discuss your research experience. What would you like to research?
- Write about a book that has special significance for you.
- What are the most important extracurricular or community activities? What made you join these activities?
- Explain why especially you must be accepted to a particular college, university.
- What would you like to study? Describe your academic interests.
© 2005-2011, GoodEssayTopics.com