COMPARE CONTRAST ESSAY TOPICS
Writing on one of the compare contrast essay topics requires the ability to compare (show the similarities the things possess) and to contrast (show the differences the things have). Compare and contrast is a way of thinking we use every day, for instance when we decide which dress to buy, what vacation site to choose or what college to enter.
Writing on one of the compare contrast essay topics won't present any difficulties for you, as you do it mainly every day. Just think about things, objects, events and people you need to compare and contrast abstractedly. Don't brainstorm each point separately; just think about your compare and contrast points in generalities.
First make the list of all common features that certain things share. State their similarities and then make another list and state all the differences these things possess.
While writing on one of the compare and contrast essay topics, you can choose two approaches - one of them situational. It means that your compare and contrast essay topics have a form of situation, which you have to disclose by making the comparison and contrast of two things offered in this situation.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics - First Approach
Below you can find the list of compare contrast essay topics which are based on the situational approach.
- Your parents are going to buy a new car. They still have some doubts about their choice. There are two most acceptable options: Ford Explorer and Jeep Cherokee. You are willing to help your parents, as you can benefit from it to some extent. Compare and contrast these two cars by their price, size, performance and mileage.
- You and your friend constantly surf through the Internet in search of the information, but use different search engines. You had a bet about what search engine proves to be better: Google or Yahoo. Compare and contrast these two search engines and show your friend the objective picture of how the things are.
- You are about to enter the university. You've visited a lot of open days and you are not quite sure about your ultimate decision. There are two major universities you like most. Compare and contrast everything you've heard and everything you know about these two educational establishments.
- You are going to your summer vacation. You've already chosen a gorgeous resort for your vacation, but hesitate about the kind of transport you'll take for your trip. You are not quite sure what way of traveling is more comfortable and suitable: a bus or an airplane. Compare and contrast these two means of transportation.
- You are going to study in Germany. You don't know anything about the educational system in this country. You decide to approach to this question seriously, as your future depends directly on your choice. You try to get to know more about the educational system in Germany. You haven't decided yet whether you are ready to leave your native country. Compare and contrast educational systems in America and Germany.
- You are working in the IT Company. Your company is going to make a purchase of new consignment of computers wholesale. You were assigned to be responsible for this, to make the analysis of the market, to detect what kind of processor is more reliable: Mackintosh or Intel. Compare and contrast characteristics of these two processors.
- Your parents are going to move to the country. You strongly object to it. For this purpose you make the comparative and contrast analysis of living in the city with living in the country.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics - Second Approach
You can choose another approach for writing your compare and contrast essay. It is more complicated approach, as it provokes you to speculate on things and analyze them more profoundly, to make preliminary examination of one of the compare contrast essay topics and skim through the book in search of the necessary facts to penetrate in the idea deeper.
This way of writing is more interesting, as it brings more satisfaction and relief in the result. It is considered to be more difficult as the compare contrast essay topics themselves are more tricky and intricate. Get acquainted with compare and contrast essay topics offered below and choose one for your essay.
- Compare creative work of the Beatles and Mozart.
- Make the comparison and contrast of the glamour rock of the early seventieth and the contemporary rock.
- Compare and contrast the main characters of Moby Dick and the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
- Compare and contrast two plays Streetcar Named Desire and Cat on Hot Tin Roof written by Tennessee Williams.
- Compare and contrast the change in the awareness of Clyde Griffith, the main hero of "American tragedy", before and after the murderer he committed.
- Compare and contrast the criminal styles of Black beard and Al Capone.
- Compare and contrast constructions built in two architectural styles: baroque and rococo.
- Compare and contrast causes of the American and the French revolution.
- Compare and contrast disabled rights and accessibility in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
- Make the comparative and contrast analysis of the political systems of the U.S. and U.K.
- Ironically the 1920's, an extremely luxurious time period, lead to the Great Depression and, ultimately, the worst financial fallout in history. Contrast the lavish wealth experienced in the 1920's with the decade of poverty that followed, as well as discussing the factors that contributed to The Great Depression.
- Compare and contrast the causes, premises and consequences of the following 3 events. One of which took place in the beginning of the twentieth century and the second one took place at the end of the twentieth century:
- The United States is experiencing an economic boom in which industrialists and the capitalists who back them are amassing great wealth. The boom ends abruptly with the stock market crash of 1929.
- The United States has just experienced an economic boom in which high-tech entrepreneurs and those who invested in their ventures became wealthy very quickly. The year 2000 marks the beginning of the end, as stock markets retreat significantly for consecutive years, wiping out the wealth of some, and adversely affecting most companies and investors.
- Most states have strict anti-abortion laws that make it extremely difficult for a woman to obtain an abortion from a qualified physician. As a result, some women entrust themselves to abortionists who do not have medical training.
- Abortion has been legal in the United States since the 1973 Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade. While abortion is still politically controversial, and while many states have passed restrictions on the circumstances under which abortion may be performed legally, abortions performed by qualified physicians are still available.
- Pregnancy outside of marriage carries a heavy social stigma for the woman, the child, and, to a lesser extent, the man involved. The woman is often labeled a "tramp" for life and discriminated against socially and economically. The child is tagged a "bastard" and subjected to similar discrimination and humiliation.
- In most elements of American society, pregnancy outside of marriage carries no social stigma. In fact, a few women, including some high-profile celebrities, choose to have and rear children on their own, without the involvement of a partner.
© 2005-2011, GoodEssayTopics.com